Client Solutions Specialist
Business Development | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm that proudly has as its mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time. We are industry known thought leaders and innovators, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our partner clients include Fortune 100 corporations, U.S. and global healthcare companies, public and private universities and colleges, federal and state agencies, non-profits and foundations, as well as fast-growth specialized firms that are creating extraordinary breakthroughs in their industries. Every day we work with our partner clients to solve the most complex and challenging issues they are facing today – whether it be disrupting bias, driving inclusive leadership, large-scale culture change initiatives, talent management, coaching and mentoring programs, and designing custom and market-ready e-Learning and support products that support an organization’s entire learning ecosystem.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown to be 40 full time employees in addition to a full bench of consultant partners geographically dispersed around the world. To further support our growth plans, Cook Ross is seeking a Client Solutions Specialist to ensure high client satisfaction and experience throughout the procurement lifecycle. The Client Solutions Specialist is the brand ambassador for Cook Ross, providing prospective and existing clients and understanding of how Cook Ross can support their needs.
- Perform the business development function across the full sales cycle with little to no direction
- Respond to a high-volume of Requests for Proposal (RFP), and qualified sales inquiries (opportunities) from new and existing clients in a timely manner
- Approach business development conversations in a planned, prepared, and strategic manner; shepherding potential clients through a clear definition process designed to move the client towards deciding to partner with Cook Ross
- Initiate outreach and follow-up on existing and prospective clients
- Build proposals that include solution approach, project scope, timeline, resourcing and pricing
- Build and co-deliver business development, sales and pitch presentations (both in-person and virtual); with ability to discuss and demonstrate the comprehensive offerings of Cook Ross products and services for new and existing clients
- Document and maintain client records in electronic systems kept by Cook Ross, including Salesforce and SharePoint in a timely manner (i.e. client communication, decision points, opportunity specific data, and projected revenue)
- Conduct industry research and bench-marking on industry standards and best practices to inform on tailored client solutions
- Generate and update weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on leads, opportunities and sales for distribution to leadership team
- Engage and collaborate with the Client Solutions Manager and Director of Assessments and Strategy in proposal drafting and presenting solutions to clients when needed
Optimize and Enhance Operational Processes
- Maintain complete and accurate data in the organization's Client Relationship Management Tool and Knowledge Management systems (Salesforce and SharePoint) in a timely manner
- Monitor, Report, and Track organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) associated with the assigned line of business
- Participate in Win/Loss review analysis to identify trends and implement operational improvement recommendations
- 5+ years of demonstrated sales experience and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales or organizational performance goals set in previous role(s).
- Proven ability to utilize CRM platforms with specific experience in account management (leads, opportunities, client relationship management) Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Has a strong phone presence and can use active-listening skills to match a client’s needs to an organization’s products or services, even outside of a traditional business context.
Must demonstrate detail orientation with ability to execute proper data management.
Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including proficiency in using MS Office).
3 + years of direct experience in Change Management, Human Resources, and/or Diversity and Inclusion.
Proven knowledge and application of change management methodologies, tools and frameworks.
Proven mastery in building and delivering client pitches (both in-person and virtual) and the generation of proposal documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint that feature a variety of services and solutions.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Parking or public transportation stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.