Client Engagement Resource Lead
Client Engagement | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40, tripling our revenue, and creating even greater impact for our clients. The successful candidate will have a track record of carrying out resource management and planning responsibilities to help the organization meet current. and future client staffing needs.
- Designs and builds a strategic resource management model in a small yet fast-growing organization
- Works independently 80% of the time to assign internal and/or external talent to most client engagements and provides recommendations as challenges occur in the assignment process
- Ensures the successful accomplishment of our resource allocations goals to deliver on our client engagements
- Tracks and manages talent utilization and billing targets for the company; generates and disseminates weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting as requested to monitor strategic staffing across the organization
- Defines, monitors, and addresses Key Performance Indicators as assigned and reports to Client Engagement Leader on the effectiveness of resource planning and management including current demand, forecasted demand, team skills/levels/competencies, forecasted changes in staffing (e.g. hires, departures, extended leaves, new skill development needs)
- Keep all key stakeholders apprised, in a timely manner, of the mission-critical information on changes in resource allocation and availability, including changes in scope of key projects, new demands that may impact the pipeline, personnel changes, and other opportunities and risks
- Regularly and proactively engage with key stakeholders to understand current and future resource demands to inform resource planning for accurate projections and resource deployment.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in planning to ensure talent resource supply meets demand and supports organizational goals including talent utilization targets and profitability.
- Establish practices to assign consultants and facilitators to client engagements and monitor the quality of client services delivered.
- Monitor workloads and team capacity to address work-life balance and team member engagement
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Cook Ross products and services, and of the talent resources bench to make effective recommendations regarding resource assignments, level of effort and time required for project completion
- Establish and maintain External Consultant Database of team member areas of expertise, skill levels, experience, and availability to allow for rapid identification of talent resources to meet client needs. Bring experience or skill and competency gaps to the attention of the Client Engagement Lead for resolution.
Three years of resource management, staffing, project management and related experience
- Familiarity with Sales Force Platform, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and build a resource management model for a small (under 50 employees and less than two dozen “regularly active” consultants) and in a fast-growing organization based previous work experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or with multiple stakeholders to troubleshoot issues that arise
- Passion for people and demonstrated ability to make assignments with consideration for talent capacity, skills, experience and interests
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and self-manage
- Experience with Salesforce platform and reporting preferred
- Ability to generate and communicate reporting to keep key stakeholders informed on a regular basis
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to manage change across multiple functional areas
- Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Parking or public transportation stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.