Operations | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Position: Accounting Associate
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Operations department at Cook Ross is responsible and accountable for ensuring the business runs smoothly. To further support our growth, Cook Ross is looking for an Accounting Associate with some previous accounting experience, who can help the organization streamline Accounts Payable as well as other accounting functions, while engaging our team and clients. This position reports into the Director of Operations and will hold primary responsibility for working closely with our operations team as well as our team of Directors to add to our financial health and wellbeing. Additionally, this person will be asked to leverage QuickBooks and Excel reporting to suggest better and more streamlined processes within Finance.
• Manage the day to day financial responsibilities for all Accounts Payables
• Work with team members to address any questions and/or concerns regarding payments
• Scanning/filing all invoices and supporting documentation on a daily basis
• Perform data entry of high volume invoices in a job cost environment into the accounting system
• Selecting invoices for payment based on instruction
• Scan, process, and print checks for all immediate Check Requests
• Review monthly statements for missing invoices and request copies of missing invoices from vendors
• Receive and respond to vendor call inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Set up Vendors and Subcontractors in Accounts Payable system
• Receive, enter & track Certificates of Insurance, Lien Releases and W-9’s from vendors and subcontractors
• Other projects as assigned
• General understanding of AP, collections, A/R, banking and reconciliations
• Experience in QuickBooks online
• Microsoft Excel basic education and/or experience
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
Adaptability – Embraces change and maintains a positive attitude under pressure when experiencing change or challenges in the workplace; performs a wide variety of tasks and can change focus quickly as demands shift; manages transitions from task to task effectively and adapts to varying customer needs.
Communication - Conveys information and ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written format to differing stakeholder levels; listens well and asks questions to ensure understanding; asks others for their opinions and feedback and demonstrates integrity, openness and honesty in their communication.
Customer Service – Has a strong customer orientation when working with others that is positive, constructive and seeks to achieve win-win outcomes; anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them appropriately. Listens effectively to customer questions and concerns, uses a team approach in resolving customer concerns, and is responsive and engages in continuous follow up to ascertain and evaluate customer satisfaction.
Teamwork & Collaboration – Works harmoniously with others to get the job done; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cover multiple department lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across different stakeholder groups.
Accountability - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; assesses risks that could prevent successful results and takes steps to mitigate these risks; takes personal ownership for actions and decisions that contribute to the organization’s success and demonstrates ethical, efficient and cost-effective commitment in conducting their work.