Channel Sales Manager
Business Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Convo is a venture-backed cloud collaboration workspace that enables businesses, and their globally distributed teams, to work faster. Convo moves beyond first-generation social enterprise networks by creating a more tightly integrated work environment where social features such as chat and commenting are better correlated with the work being done. Today, the company serves over 6,000 companies across 156 countries, where business professionals are launching products, breaking news stories or creating cutting-edge campaigns. With support for 33 different file types – including images, presentations and documents -- customers move faster because they reduce the need to jump in and out of different applications to complete their work.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high energy, hands on, organized individual to develop, implement and manage the various "enablement” aspects of channel program implementation that drive our increased market presence and revenue through channel partners. You will be responsible for helping to grow sales through channel partners. You will help develop our channel strategy, identify and recruit channel partners and work closely with each partner to ensure program success. This role will be responsible for both developing large strategic partnerships and delivering high volume, smaller partners. You will have responsibility for achieving revenue targets.
- Help identify, quantify and prioritize channel opportunities.
- Work as part of a team to negotiate and close major channel deals.
- Outbound telesales to recruit and sign smaller channel partners.
- Engage with channel partners to set, achieve and exceed targets. Manage executive relationships and business performance of partners.
- Create and own detailed implementation plan for each channel partner to deliver qualified leads; including partner communication, marketing plan, sales training, sales incentives, lead qualification and referral process, systems integration, and reporting.
- Work with direct sales to effectively co-sell and work with marketing to co-market
- Work cross-functionally and with sales operations, product management, marketing communications, software, and legal to ensure continued growth of the business.
- Champion the channel program internally to drive focus and appropriate level of investment
- Monitor key metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- You have at least 3 years of experience developing and managing channel programs, with a track record of exceeding revenue targets
- You have at least 3 years of sales experience, with a track record of exceeding sales targets
- You have at least 1 year of sales management experience
- You have excellent closing, negotiation, leadership, management and presentation skills
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management
- You have strong cold calling skills