AV Control System Programmer/Software Developer
Programming | Fairfield, NJ | Full Time
Excellent opportunity for an outstanding audiovisual control system programmer with a supportive work team in a positive atmosphere that fosters learning, growth, and advancement.
Control Concepts, Inc is offering a unique opportunity for an aspiring Crestron, AMX, and/or Extron programmer interested in learning new technologies and platforms with a long term goal of pursuing a software development career. To act on this limited opportunity, submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration and share your favorite programming language in [square brackets]. Only candidates that show serious interest will be considered.
As the audiovisual industry evolves, more emphasis is being put on the knowledge of modern software development languages. Control Concepts has been blending AV control and software development for years to address needs, provide solutions for enterprise clients and manufacturers, and bring a unique set of offerings to the industry.
- Consulting on clients' needs and specifying system functionality for various types of audiovisual systems such as those found in boardrooms, classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums and others
- Working with an entire project team to manage needs, coordinate efforts, implement, commission and troubleshoot audiovisual control systems in the field
- Programming control systems of various manufacturers such as, but not limited to, Crestron, AMX and Extron for commercial audiovisual applications
- Developing intuitive user interface designs for control surfaces of various sizes and types
- Creation of multi-platform communication modules/drivers for audiovisual equipment and control systems
- Learning new programming languages and control platforms as required to satisfy business needs
- Contribute to a project team of programmers and software developers that identify new opportunities, create new products, and develop innovative applications that are put to market
- Providing technical support during implementation and ongoing client needs
- Traveling to clients' sites and manufacturers' training, when required
- Crestron, AMX, or Extron programming knowledge and experience
- Minimum of four years of work experience or two years of experience in the audiovisual industry
- Understanding of AV systems, signal flow, and proficiency in troubleshooting
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming a plus
- Candidate must be customer-centric, self-motivated, organized, analytical, personable, and a problem solver with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
This position is available for a remote worker.
Control Concepts, Inc. is an independent control professional services provider that combines automation, data communications, and audiovisual science to make technology easy to use in boardrooms, classrooms, and entertainment venues. Established in 1997 based on the principles of quality and customer relations, CCI is dedicated to servicing end users, consultants, and integrators throughout the Northeast US and the world. We are certified in AMX, Crestron, and Extron control solutions.
As a small business, each member of the company is a vital component and directly impacts the success of the company. Good character, work ethic, dedication, and potential are as important characteristics in a candidate as experience and skills. Team work, collaboration, customer service, and a commitment to quality are the cornerstones of our success.
Benefits include health insurance, 401K, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, a caring and comfortable environment, some telecommuting possibilities and long-term career potential as well as others.