Client Services - Medical Office Assistant
Client Services | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Who we are:
Connect Health is a pioneering functional and integrated medicine clinic in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Founded by two functional medicine doctors and incorporating a variety of complementary modalities, Connect Health applies its unique, proactive model of whole-body health and wellness to a growing community of health-conscious patients.
At Connect Health patients subscribe to annual Supplementary Care plans led by MDs with the support of Personal Nurses and a Nutritionist. With an emphasis on gut-health and mind-body balance, patients are supported through Assessment and annual Personal Health Plans toward optimal health with further support from the clinic’s complementary practitioners.
Along with Naturopathy Connect Health also offers a full array of private specialized testing and treatments and a fully stocked dispensary to support functional medicine diagnoses and care plans.
Connect Health is a unique opportunity to join a tight-knit team of patient-oriented professionals in service to the highest values in functional and integrated medicine. As Client Services, you will lead relationship management among the clinic’s patients, assisting new and returning patients in optimizing their experience at Connect Health. This is a permanent part-time to full-time role at 20-25hrs/week for training and growth to full time.
- Tech-savvy – able to use an EMR and computer on a daily basis as we are a paperless clinic
- Familiarity with google, excel and Microsoft
- Proficient typing speed
- Knowledge of EMR (Intrahealth Profile)
- Previous experience with third party insurance and Teleplan billing
- Detailed data entry for funding purposes
- Detailed billing review
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Self motivated and able to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Great multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Professional telephone & in-person mannerisms
- Excellent customer service & conflict resolution skills
- Honest and direct communicator
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Outgoing and personable with a passion for health and wellness
- Detailed-oriented and committed to unparalleled customer service
- Proficiency in Customer Relations Management
- Interest in Functional, Integrative and complementary medicine
- Familiarity and interest in mind-body balance, and the role of gut-health and food and nutrition
- Upholding clinic policy and procedures
- Customer service – checking clients in, processing payments and answering questions clients may have. Also attending to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Opening shift and closing shift duties – handling of cashbox, daily summary.
- Manage laundry
- Assisting our practitioners
- Cleaning rooms after each client and at the end of the day.
- Checking and responding to email, faxes, and mail.
- Scanning – client records into the client’s chart.
- Stocking rooms – making sure all rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Sanitization – rooms, front desk area and waiting room area.
- Post secondary education, plus two (2) years’ recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in a private clinic setting.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we invite you to apply online now. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Connect Health.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PLEASE EMAIL MCHANA@CONNECTHEALTHCARE. CA WITH YOUR COVER LETTER & RESUME WITH “CLIENT SERVICES APPLICATION” IN THE SUBJET.