Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Applicants are required to demonstrate leadership qualities that are aligned with our Company Values: Honesty, Integrity, Faith, Fairness, Trust, Stewardship and Compassion.
Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check, and over-the-road test as a condition of employment. As part of our onboarding requirements, we have a 90-day probationary period.
In this role, the ideal candidate will report directly to our Controller and work collaboratively with all members of the Company. We operate nationally in the waste management industry. We employee permanent employees and independent contractors. We are a fast-paced, growing, energetic business in need of a Senior Accountant, who will be motivated by all the internal opportunities to build accounting infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong training ethic, teaching those around them "best practices" and being a solution focused partner to all levels of management.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Reconcile Accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Heavy Balance Sheet Reconciliation experience (cross-system reconciliation)
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies, informing the CFO as needed
- Coordinate quarterly, semi-annual, and year-end audits, recommending cost reductions and possibilities for enhanced revenue
- Extensive Fixed Asset experience
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local tax regulations as we are a national company
- Mastery of Property Tax Filings
- Host visits and prepare documentation for External Auditors
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate, coach and train a team, specifically managing our AP Specialist(s)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills with internal departments and external customers
- Flexible, adaptable, detail oriented, and successful in a fast paced, growing business environment
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and deadline simultaneously
- Experience with Sage 100 (our ERP)
- Experience with Concur for accounts payable and expense management/reporting
Software Learning of our proprietary systems: BCS and QV21 for our driver ticketing
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.