HR Business Partner - Payroll
Human Resources | Houston, TX | Full Time
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Applicants are required to demonstrate leadership qualities that are aligned with our Company Values: Honesty, Integrity, Faith, Fairness, Trust, Stewardship and Compassion.
Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Our Company is a rapidly growing logistics provider in the waste disposal and recycling industry. This is a temp position with the possibility to earn a permanent, full-time position at 90 days. Once the ideal candidate coverts into a permanent role, he/she becomes benefit eligible (vacation, sick time, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage and life insurance). We are looking for a career-minded professional that will grow as our Company grows.
This is not a remote position. Our HR Team works from our Corporate Office, utilizing Teams to communicate with member of the Company.
In this role, you are a member of the Human Resources Department, completing the weekly, ADP payroll function for 400, permanent employees and 1099 Contractors. In addition to payroll, the ideal candidate will be able complete a variety of general HR functions such as onboarding new hires, complete benefits enrollments, and/or addressing, fixing, and responding to questions about policies, procedures, benefits enrollment, garnishments, employment verifications, etc. Yes, we are looking for an experienced professional, who can do it all while being a positive, collaborative, uplifting HR representative.
In this role, the ideal candidate will report directly to the Director of Human Resources and work collaboratively with members of the Accounting Team, as well as all levels of Management.
- Work closely with members of the HR Team to onboard new hires, ensuring that their information is entered in all HR Information Systems (inclusive of geofencing for mobile devices and time keeping training for all new hires),
- Process a weekly payroll for permanent employees and Independent Contractors using ADP,
- Answer and resolve payroll questions for employees regarding holiday pay, overtime, and proper completion of forms (FMLA), and life insurance payouts, communicating with the employee, Contractor, and insurance vendor.
- Calculate and input into our ADP system wages, hours worked, benefit deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Manage accounting, cash management, expense reporting, reconciliations, and forecasting i.e. monthly benefit bill reconciliation (premiums paid to enrolled, active headcount).
- Maintain accurate HR Information Systems i.e. addresses, tax withholdings, wage garnishments, etc. as items come into the HR email distribution group,
- Complete employment verifications or other third party paperwork submitted by state, federal or lending institutions,
- Program weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and analytics,
- Manage and oversee the issuance of W2s and 1099s at year's end, as well as 1095s.
- Administer and maintain detailed payroll records,
- Using reporting/analytics to address findings, not only correcting data, but making recommendations to improve workflow to collect data,
- Conduct internal audits to ensure accuracy of ADP data and identify potential areas of productivity improvement/ cost reduction,
- Conduct payroll audits for each pay cycle, assist with testing of time, absence, and payroll system updates,
- Process off cycle checks when require for missing hours, bonuses, terminations base on state requirements, etc.
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures,
- Implementing an electronic time-off process and managing benefit tracking i.e. vacation and sick time,
- Support projects such as implementing and testing of ADP and other HRIS software modules,
- Support Finance, Accounting, A/R & A/P as needed with special projects (if time allows), and
- all other duties as assigned as the Company grows our business.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience,
- 3-5 years managing weekly payroll for a mid-size company, consisting of permanent employees and Independent Contractors (1099s),
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred,
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practice,
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing,
- Managerial/supervisory experience,
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws,
- Solid financial acumen, and
- Proficiency in ADP payroll and accounting software.
Skills and Competencies:
- Performing to a very high level.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, monitoring and deadline focused.
- Excellent, friendly verbal and written communication skills and style.
- Problem analysis, informed/confident decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Stress tolerance.
- Working collaboratively across all levels of the Company.