Southeast Regional Sales Manager
Sales | Napa, CA | Full Time
Esteemed Napa Valley Winery, with plans to develop a unique portfolio of Estate brands, focused on high quality, vineyard-based wineries, positioned in high growth segments and price points in the US market. This emerging curation of brands will reflect the heritage and reverence of old Napa Valley.
- Manages portfolio/business within the states assigned (southeast region).
- Responsible for Budgets, Depletions, Pricing, and Programming.
- Balance distributor management with field work, calling on accounts in all channels.
- Develop market plans and programming with Distributor Partners to ensure goal attainment.
- Manage the execution of Brand Standards with the Distributor Partners.
- Builds relationships with top key accounts in all channels.
- Works closely with management on execution at the regional level of national on and off premise accounts.
- Develop portfolio distribution by effectively presenting SKU extensions and placing new brands at the distributor level.
- Develop and manage market introductions of new wines and new wine brands.
- Monitors existing distribution and through programming, ensure it is healthy and growing.
- Analyze and utilize RAD level data (e.g. Nielsen’s, IRI) to improve brand sales.
- Daily/Weekly communication with chain leads in all markets.
- Set expectations of distributor performance, monitor results and manage distributor to succeed.
- 7 -10 years of sales experience in the wine/spirits industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience working and resides in the southeast region.
- Extensive wholesale supply channel experience including developing relationships, creating distribution programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word).
- Valid driver's license and insurable by company standards.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- The ideal candidate will have the industry experience at the supplier and/or distributor management level and the passion for success.
- Strong business acumen and sales analysis.
- Strong wine knowledge. WSET and CMS certifications are highly valued.
- History of delivering high quality work.
- Solution oriented.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Timely and comprehensive communications and reporting.
- Concise, articulate, and productive communication style.
- Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Passion for the wine industry.
Key Performance Measures:
- Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
- Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
- Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management.
- Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.