Security | Oakland Area | Full Time
Our company is the creator of software, hardware and security technology underlying electronic currency issued and managed by Central Banks, just like they issue banknotes and coins. We are revolutionizing the world of e-money. We are an early stage company with a recent substantial funding and a great team of professionals. We operate globally with a presence in multiple countries.
We deliver a novel, unique and patented combination of software, hardware, and cryptographic security protocols. We tackle a difficult and important problem which demands high security, high performance and high reliability.
The System Administrator will be part of the security and operations team and will be responsible for a range of Linux servers and services, mac workstations, network devices, and end-user support, along with the implementation of several cybersecurity safeguards. Your focus will be to support and maintain a secure and stable infrastructure to support the entire company, including engineering, marketing and finance organizations.
You will report to the Chief Security Officer and have responsibilities for multiple security projects, incident response, security operations, and server, network and workstation administration.
- Patch and update servers, network devices, middleware, and workstations.
- Implement secure configurations per security guidelines.
- Manage user accounts and permissions on business systems in support system engineering, finance, marketing and other business units.
- Support users on the use of these systems.
- Contribute to the design and implementation IT and security processes
- Support investigations into security events and incidents.
- Contribute to the tuning of security tools to minimize future false positives.
Must be a demonstrably self-directed, continuously learning, technologist with…
- Solid Linux and network administration skills. Ample experience configuring Linux servers, routers and firewalls.
- End-user support experience.
- IT security operations experience (e.g. incident response, intrusion detection, anti-malware systems, access control, credential management, cryptography, etc.)
- 5+ years of broad IT operation experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent people skills.
- Be a key part of a revolutionary product
- Get early-stage company stock options and competitive salary in a stable series C environment with established customer value proposition and immediate customer deployments
- Be a part of an incredible, global team
- Learn not only new technical skills but also a new way of looking at money and the monetary system
- Be a part of our mission to reduce economic barriers for the unbanked population, especially in the developing world