Security | Oakland Area | Full Time
The Security Engineer will be part of the security team and will work closely with the engineering and operations team in this Financial Technology company. You will report to the Chief Security Officer and have responsibilities for multiple security projects, incident response, and security operations.
Be a significant contributor to the development of a comprehensive standards based security operations program. Be part of a highly technical and collaborative global team.
We are a FinTech startup moving from the design stage to the deployment and operation stage of our life cycle. We were founded over 5 years ago with a mission that includes changing the world for the better.
Due to the nature of our work, details will be provided only after further discussion with appropriate candidates.
- Lead investigations into security events and incidents. Work with our Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), engineering and operations to triage incidents, identifying false positives, real events, and those that require further research. Under guidance of CSO, create and execute incident specific response plans.
- Tune security tools to minimize future false positives. In the case of confirmed incidents, work under direction of CSO for further investigation, containment, and remediation.
- Evaluate security technologies and develop recommendations and implementation plans.
- Lead the implementation of selected security technologies. Become the SME for these technologies. Lead tuning effort when required. Provide primary input to procedures and documentation. Train other users and administrators.
Must be a demonstrably self directed, continuously learning, technologist with…
- 2-3 years IT security operations experience (e.g. incident response, intrusion detection, anti-malware systems, access control, credential management, cryptography, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience evaluating, selecting, implementing and operating a variety of security technologies
- 5+ years of broad IT operation experience (e.g. network management, server administration, DevOps)
- Strong hands-on technical skills in multiple security tools and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent people skills.