Senior Software QA Specialist
Software Engineering | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Specialist to add to our Software team. The individual will perform manual and automated testing of new software releases to ensure all business requirements are met and tested thoroughly prior to implementation into our production systems, among many other quality related tasks.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Prepare and distribute formal documentation of test plans, test cases and supporting testing material.
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results
- Identify potential quality issues per defined process, escalate immediately to the appropriate party and collaborate to ensure effective solutions
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Work collaboratively across teams to produce the highest quality releases Quality Team, Product Team, and Development Team while managing aggressive timelines
- Participate and promote communication among business, management and Development personnel.
- Proven knowledge of Agile Scrum and different phases of the SDLC, Project and Testing Methodologies
- Creative technical problem solver -- must translate technical requirements and specifications into test plans
- Able to focus on deadlines and deliverables, and to identify and track bugs in a timely manner
- Substantial project management skills related to scheduling and executing testing QA project plans.
- Advanced knowledge of test planning, test case development, execution and reporting.
- Hands on experience in defect analysis, management and metrics.
- Extensive experience in testing and automation tools, such as Selenium and Katalan.
- Communicate across multiple geographically diverse locations
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience