Distribution Center | Dallas County, TX | Full Time
Essential Job Duties:
Supervises, coordinates and performs equipment and building maintenance and janitorial functions for 500,000 sq. ft. distribution center. Supervises team of maintenance personnel and oversees contracted janitorial services with on-site personnel. Assists with accident investigations involving equipment or property damage. Tracks expenses and maintains maintenance logs.
· Supervises maintenance and housekeeping associates. Coordinates and performs equipment and building maintenance functions and assists operations manager with all building-related programs and procedures to keep facility operational, clean, safe, and in good repair. Oversees and performs trouble-shooting as well as routine and preventative maintenance repairs. Inspects and provides direction and follow-up with vendor services.
· Assists management to ensure compliance with OSHA standards including facility safety program, facility inspections (safety, general facility and fire), equipment maintenance programs, daily operating checklists, and emergency preparedness/evacuation procedures. Also assists with the coordination of safety training programs, accident reporting and investigation, monthly safety committee meetings and safety action items.
· Maintains equipment related to employee and building security.
· Assists with the preparation of scopes of work, requests for proposals, and project schedules related to building maintenance and special projects. Assists the Operations Manager with service and equipment vendors and follows up to ensure work has been completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
· Enforces company policies and procedures. Administers disciplinary action, as necessary. Partners with Human Resources on employee-related issues.
· Promotes a safe work environment and enforces safety and security policies.
· AA/AS or equivalent management work experience
· 5+ years of Facilities Management work experience in a Distribution Center
· Proven leadership and management record
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Efficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Access
· Knowledge in building trades including: painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, general building repairs, and HVAC.
· Ability to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and available on-call for emergencies.
· Ability to consistently stand and walk on concrete floor and for the majority of the work day, climb stairs and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion, and work at heights on occasion.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and wellness benefits that give you choices and a 401(k) plan to help you reach your ultimate retirement goals.