Technical Recruiter/HR Generalist
Human Resources | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Technical Recruiter/HR Generalist professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this position, the Technical Recruiter/HR Generalist will provide senior level Human Resources support with a strong emphasis on recruiting. Work will be performed during our usual business hours, which are from 8a-5p, Monday through Friday.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient, and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process: Identify, engage and evaluate top candidates
- Maintain a pipeline of passive candidates
- Drive creative approaches for recruiting top talent across the country
- Design and own recruiting initiatives to improve upon the current processes.
- Affirmative Action Plan preparation
- Assist with the day to day operations of the HR department
- Maintain compliance with local and federal employment laws
- Personnel issues
- Responds to general questions on human resources policies, procedures, and or benefits
- Management coaching
- Oversee onboarding of new hires
- E-Verify and Background Checks for New Hires
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone
- 5+ years of technical recruiting
- 5+ years of generalist experience within an HR department
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Interpersonal skills and a commitment to work in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- CA PHR. PHR. SPHR a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with ADP HrB a plus.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, or combination of equivalent experience and HR certification.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.