Sr HR Generalist
Human Resources | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, and administration for the following human resource functions: Employment, Performance Management, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Training, Organizational Development, Employment Law, HRIS, and supports Operations with their Safety programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in onboarding process
- Advises company management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Understands the strategic philosophy of developing HR initiatives that are aligned with each other and closely linked to business objectives.
- Manage separation and termination process.
- Counsels employees (Executives/Managers/Subordinates), makes proactive recommendations for interventions and provides clarification on policies and procedures to improve the overall performance of individuals, teams, and the organization.
- Manages the Front Desk operations, and assures that the front desk is sufficiently staffed during business hours.
- Collaborates with Corporate office in developing and understanding corporate benefits programs.
- Assists with management of HR Team members’ effectiveness, job satisfaction, career development, performance evaluations, training, etc.
- Explains company policies and regulations to employees, maintains effective personnel relationships, and recommends changes in employee status.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and ADP/Workforce Now HRIS platform. Experience with ATS platforms, JobScore preferred.
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management policies/procedures and related legal (state/federal) framework.
- Knowledge of safety practices and related regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of California wage and hour regulations.
- Knowledge of California Worker's Compensation and related regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and outside contacts.
- Experienced with the administration of benefits and 401k programs.
- Ability to use analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Ability to prepare presentations for company meetings at all levels, such as company all-hands.
- Approachable and capable of easily building trust and confidence.
- Understands the day-to-day operational and customer requirements of the business.
- Familiar with a broad range of HR systems and their potential impact on the HR function.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology or related discipline/experience. Five to seven years of generalist experience with an emphasis in recruiting. Experience should include at least two in a HR supervisory/managerial capacity. Human Resources Management Certification preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.