Senior Product Engineer
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Senior Product Engineer professional to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for product validation and certification, including documentation, evaluation, and deployment of ground and airborne based RF amplifiers.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom
Responsible for working closely with planning, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, design/drafting, assembly, test and production personnel in the development, design, validation, and deployment of cost effective, reliable products.
Responsible for keeping track of design modifications, scheduling the validation of changes and deployment of the design changes of existing products.
Uses familiarity with airborne flight hardware test certification requirements to manage projects that meet customer schedules.
Conducts experimental tests and evaluates results, and interfaces with internal engineers and external test labs.
Reviews vendor capabilities and makes vendor recommendations.
Responsible for oral and written presentations, project planning, design reviews and reports for customers, colleagues, and management.
Strong Scheduling Skills
- DO160, commercial line-fit, or MIL-STD requirements and testing
- Familiarity with airborne certification requirements a major plus
- Root cause identification
- Well-developed analytical and documentation skills
- Solid practical experience base
- Creative and enthusiastic team player
- Disciplined approach to product documentation and validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able and willing to perform hands-on work, and function well in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to appreciate and act on business-driven issues
- Ability to effectively multi-task multiple priorities, and manage projects and project teams
- History of successful product development and delivery
- Able to make appropriate scheduling choices
- Demonstrated track record of working closely with other team members in a fast-paced environment to bring development concepts into high yield, reliable production components, assemblies and products
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience designing, developing and production releasing of products.
Requires a BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics, MS in electrical engineering or Physics preferred.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.