RF Test Technician
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Production Test Technician to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this role, you will responsible for performing the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. May develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. As required, prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned work.
- Performs set-up, production test and in-depth troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and final product.
- Interpreting interconnect drawing and schematics as they apply to assembly and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots boards to component level, using test equipment and applying diversified diagnostic skills.
- Assists in developing new test procedures.
- Maintains yield and discrepancy report database and highlights failure trends/low yields.
- Provides training assistance to other technicians or test operators as needed.
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment used is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Proficient in the use of basic instruments like oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Ability to use soldering iron and basic hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Understanding of basic electronics.
- Must have the ability to work from procedures, drawings, and part lists, as well as use instruments.