Marketing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Coordinates the development and implementation of company’s products and resources involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new and/or existing products. Has marketing management responsibility for key products. Provides main customer interface for major orders. Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule, within technical and other contractual requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors specific production efforts and large projects requiring the coordination of resources, and deadlines.
- Partners with engineering group to define customer requirements, coordinates user acceptance testing and implements contract changes.
- Facilitates communication to resolve customer related problems.
- Creates and refines detailed project plans, including work breakdown structures, track project schedules and technical performance.
- Follows the best practices of project management and ISO standards.
- Provides project supervision of technical and operations resources
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the project/order and reports directly to senior management.
- Handles product planning & development: Business case, build/buy/partner, pricing, product definition, positioning, performance measurements and packing.
- Manages multiple and complex projects.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities within core program team.
- Supports the business in the bidding process.
- Develops strategies to enhance revenues or services, reduce costs & manage risk.
- Requires the experience in delivering the project deliverables within schedule, to the correct technical specification, i.e., defined to meet user requirements, and within the approved budget and other specified criteria.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Office
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed project plans, internal status reports, external status reports for presentation to the Executive team and/or customer.
- Ability to lead the project technical and operational team, coordinate project meetings and maintain the project objectives through effective project management skills.
- TWTA and /or SATCOM or closely related experience is a plus
- Excellent math aptitude is essential.
- Government related project experience desired
- Prior experience in the manufacturing industry
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with cross-organizational individuals as well as senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering, Marketing) and a combination of 10+ yrs of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management or other related field. Some experience as a Program Manager is preferable but not required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.