Production Test Technician- RF
Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Production Test Technician to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this role, you will responsible for performing the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. May develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. As required, prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient, and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned work.
- Performs set-up, production test and in-depth troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and final product.
- Interpreting interconnect drawing and schematics as they apply to assembly and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots boards to component level, using test equipment and applying diversified diagnostic skills.
- Assists in developing new test procedures.
- Maintains yield and discrepancy report database and highlights failure trends/low yields.
- Provides training assistance to other technicians or test operators as needed.
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment used is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Proficient in the use of basic instruments like oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Ability to use soldering iron and basic hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Understanding of basic electronics.
- Must have the ability to work from procedures, drawings, and part lists, as well as use instruments.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree or technical certification or two years of job related experience.