Production Test Technician
Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Responsible for performing the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. As required, prepares discrepancy reports summarizing findings and recommends solutions to technical problems. Uses written work instructions and test procedures to perform job function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned work.
- Performs set-up, production test and basic troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and final product.
- Interpreting Interconnect drawing and schematics as they apply to assembly and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots boards to component level, using test equipment and applying diversified diagnostic skills.
- Maintains yield and discrepancy report database and highlights failure trends/low yields.
- Provides training assistance to other technicians or test operators as needed.
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment used is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Windows.
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficient in the use of basic instruments like oscilloscopes, RF Power Meters, and digital multi meters.
- Ability to use soldering iron and basic hand tools.
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Understanding of basic electronics
- Must have the ability to work from procedures, drawings, and part lists, as well as receiving verbal instructions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or technical certification with two years of job related experience or six-eight (6-8) years of job related experience is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.