Process Engineer- Manufacturing
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Process Engineer- Chip, Wire professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. The ideal candidate will be responsible for controlling and maintaining defined assembly and test process in building Chip& Wire components for GaAs and GaN high frequency devices and sub-assemblies to ensure that they meet the high standards and increase yield and consistency.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, improving and maintaining manufacturing processes by utilizing manufacturing methods such as DFM, DFT and Lean Manufacturing. Individual will redefine, implement and maintain our internal ESD program to ensure we are greater than “ESD Class 0” compliant.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Lead Xicom’s ESD process to ensure 100% compliance throughout the factory.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to help Xicom achieve 100% defect free manufacturing.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes including Chip & Wire assembly of GaAs and GaN high frequency high power devices, by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop, support and maintain Operation Sheet process to maximize production assembly efficiency.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
MS Office, drawing programs (preferably Corel, Photo Shop, AutoCAD, Solid works, or an equivalent program package.).
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience working in and developing clean room processes such as Eutectic bonding, wire and ribbon bonding, gap welding of high ESD sensitive devices and sub-assemblies
- Experience working in assembly of RF power semiconductor environment (GaAs and GaN devices)
- Continuous line manufacturing i.e. electronic, amplifiers, metal forming, etc.
- Skilled in World Class manufacturing principles such as Just in Time Manufacturing. Design for Manufacturing, and Demand Flow Technology.
- Working proficiency in the use of Statistical Process Control.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9000 processes and standards
- Ability to implement systems proactively for certification and audits.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels and functions in the organization.
- Must have a proven track record of solving technical problems, project ownership and meeting deadline.
- Experience working in a Solid State and TWT power amplifier manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
MS in electrical engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of related experience designing, developing and production releasing of products. Candidates with BS in Electrical Engineering plus strong experiential background will be considered.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.