Process Engineer- Chip, Wire
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Process Engineer- Chip, Wire professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design and validation of advanced microwave and millimeter-wave products. Works closely with planning, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, design/drafting, assembly, test, production personnel and management in the development, design, validation, and deployment of cost effective, reliable products.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
The overall job responsibility is to employ advanced microwave/millimeter-wave concepts to develop complex products/components such as Solid-State Power Amplifiers, Block up Converters etc. in creative and effective ways based upon company objectives. This includes:
- Providing key technical design contributions and strong leadership to execute product developments that meet market needs in a timely fashion.
- Carry out Power Amplifier Designs from C band to Ka Band and beyond using GaAs and GaN technologies
- Maintaining a positive work environment with participative design process and open communications.
- Participating in the strategic product planning process
Responsible for modification, validation, and deployment of the design changes of existing products.
Conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
Selects and specifies components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability criteria.
Reviews vendor capabilities and makes vendor recommendations
Responsible for oral and written presentations, project planning, design reviews and reports to colleagues and management.
On major product developments, may have primary responsibility and authority for overall project coordination and serve as technical lead for unit integration and share responsibility for key-customer interface.
- Computer Skills and/or Tools: Microwave Design SWs such as AWR, ADS, HFSS etc., MS Office
- Analyzes product situations or data requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Provides direction/leadership to other personnel and be a team player
- Possesses knowledge and design experience with microwave (5-26.5 GHz) and/or millimeter wave (26.5-50 GHz) circuits, products, and technologies
- Require Hands on Proven experience in design and development of Solid State Power Amplifiers in any of the frequency bands from C Band to Ku Band.
- Experience in Microelectronic assembly such as wire Bonding, gap welding will be a plus
- Possesses knowledge and design experience with cascaded RF chain design including:
gain, amplitude and phase flatness, noise power, intermodulation distortion, spectral re-growth, phase noise, spurious, temperature and vibration induced issues, AM/AM & AM/PM, and phase matching
- Proficient in the use of advanced microwave and millimeter wave test equipment and measurement techniques such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters etc.,
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
MS in electrical engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of related experience designing, developing and production releasing of products. Candidates with BS in Electrical Engineering plus strong experiential background will be considered.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.