Mechanical Assembly Technician
Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this position, you are responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies in an RMA environment. Determines and/or follows method sheets and assembly drawings in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to drawing specifications. The candidate must be comfortable performing basic electronic evaluations and documenting findings.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient, and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Performing incoming inspection and initial evaluations of RMA units.
- Energizing, communicating, and downloading files from RMA units.
- Follow processing logs and departmental electronic tools to complete and communicate product status.
- Utilize department visual signals and electronic tools to complete daily work assignment.
- Generate and update discrepancy reports and Engineering Change Requests.
- Follow and interpret assembly drawings, schematics, and method sheets to complete mechanical assemblies.
- Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned task.
- Assembles power supplies, controllers, microwave tube amplifiers, solid state power amplifiers and other electrical equipment
- Makes crimp connections on cables.
- Assembles components on PC boards including soldering
- Interacting with and cleaning units that are extremely dirty.
- Provide training assistance to other assemblers.
- Modify and make parts using machinery and sheet metal equipment
- Perform final assembly on finished units.
- Placing final assembled units into the burn-in room.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Read, understand electrical Interconnects, electrical and mechanical assembly drawing
- Read, understand mechanical drawing
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Math aptitude (adding, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Excellent solder skills.
- Excellent crimping skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.