Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking for the right individual to join the Manufacturing Engineering team as the Master Assembler. The Master Assembler will play an integral part in Xicom’s manufacturing process as their manufacturing expertise will be used to develop and create our assembly documentation. New products will be vetted and built by the master assembler to ensure manufacturability and accuracy. The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing constructive feedback to the engineering departments and will review existing products as part of our continuous improvement process.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Build engineering prototypes.
- Review manufacturing assembly aids and provide feedback on ways to improve
- Provide regular training to improve overall manufacturing skills
- Perform manufacturing certification training and audits
- Follow processing logs and departmental electronic tools to complete and communicate product status.
- Utilize department visual signals and electronic tools to complete daily work assignment.
- Generate and update discrepancy reports and Engineering Change Requests.
- Follow and interpret assembly drawings, schematics and method sheets to complete mechanical assemblies.
- Flex into different assembly processes and wear different assembly hats as needed.
- Modify simple parts using hand tools, machinery and sheet metal equipment.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment used is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Moderate competency with Microsoft Windows OS and Internet Explorer
- Demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Read, understand electrical diagram, electrical and mechanical assembly drawing
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Math aptitude (adding, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Excellent soldering skills; excellent crimping skills.
- Adobe Photoshop and Solid works skills are a plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma with ten years mechanical assembler experience required.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.