Finance | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Financial Analyst professional to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible by plan and directs accounting activities within a finance department or division of an organization by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Responsible for the preparation of various month end financial reports, journals & account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of sales and direct cost of goods sold general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for monthly commission calculations.
- Responsible for monthly deferred and accrued warranty calculations and review of cost.
- Responsible for calculating and maintaining average sales/cost database.
- Responsible for reconciling and maintaining bookings report to financial operating system.
- Responsible for preparation and review of Engineering Project spending
- Assist in the preparation of the R&D Tax credit
- May occasionally assist in the preparation of annual budgets/monthly forecasts.
- Review financial statements with management personnel.
- Participate in external/internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Participate in preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Quarterly close month end in the system and generate month end reports
- Participate in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Maintenance of material, labor, overhead & out plant costs.
- Review of variances, including PPV, material, labor and overhead absorption variances.
- Inventory reserve analysis.
- Physical inventory and cycle count support.
- Work order maintenance.
- Efficiency and utilization reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Order processing systems
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree (B.A /B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university. One to two years of experience preferred
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.