Human Resources | Santa Clara, CA | Temp to Perm
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the VP, Human Resources, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. This position will also lend support to the HR department as needed. Work will be performed during our usual business hours which are from 8a-5p, Monday through Friday
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receiving all visitors in a warm and friendly manner.
- Maintaining the company's visitors log, and issuing visitor passes as necessary.
- Operating a multi-line telephone system to receive and forward incoming phone calls.
- Making paging announcements through the Company's intercom system when necessary.
- Performing related clerical work such as word processing, data entry, sorting and mail distribution, and other duties when necessary.
- Sierra supply order and maintenance of supply room
- Place lunch orders (Specialty’s, Round Table, monthly BBQ, etc.) as needed
- Responsible for sending out the monthly communications for: BBQ’s and All-Hands
- Handling of temp badges
- Point of contact for vendors: vending machine, donuts
- Assist with planning for company picnic and holiday parties, flu shot clinics and biometric screenings
- Filing HR papers/employee files; Assist HR as needed
- Assist with on boarding of new employees
- Assist with scheduling interviews
- E-Verify and Background Checks for New Hire
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Computer Skills and/or Tools: Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Interpersonal skills and a commitment to work in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- HR experience preferred
Education and/or Experience: The ideal candidate will have three years of job related experience