Materials | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking an Engineering Buyer/Planner professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this role, you will manage the procurement of electronic parts, mechanical and microwave parts working from materials requirement system (MRP), spreadsheets and Purchase requisitions to insure a high level of customer service and Supporting engineering projects and sales.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (Satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over Satcom.
- Lead all Material Planning and Procurement activities in support of assigned pursuits, proposals, and programs.
- Coordinate material requirements with production, purchasing, engineering, and program management departments.
- Plan, schedule, and acquire material required to support program production build schedules.
- Open jobs, release, and schedule to support engineering projects.
- Evaluate material shortages and take actions to close them.
- Evaluate material status reports, identify, and/or resolve material constraints, and routinely provide material status to the program team.
- Manage vendors to ensure on-time delivery and to find ways to expedite deliveries where required.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the materials for delivering time-critical components and work orders to support prototype, engineering, and pre-production builds.
- Develop purchase requests and work with supply chain to ensure POs are approved and placed; incoming components are received and kitted.
- Manage status tracking tools and provide materials readiness summaries to engineering and program teams in both written and meeting formats.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Engineering to coordinate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to plan for material
- Five to ten years’ experience working with Material Requirement systems
- MS Office and Expandable II or other MRP software preferred.
- Knowledge of expandable II or other MRP software.
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing flow and process is a plus
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to comprehend spec. sheets and blueprints.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) is preferred, but not required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college a plus and a minimum of 5-10 years relevant work experience.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.