Customer Support Technician, Power Supply
Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Customer Support Technician, Power Supply professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this position, you are responsible for performing the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings, and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. As required, prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Troubleshooting and repair of defective amplifiers.
- Performing set-up, calibration production test and troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and testing and troubleshooting of the final product.
- Interpreting schematics as they apply to troubleshooting
- Developing new test procedures and documenting approaches and activities.
- Applying diversified diagnostic skills.
- Troubleshooting boards to component level using test equipment.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- Completes required processing and tracking of documentation.
- Interfaces with customer service personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Proficient in the use of basic instruments like oscilloscopes and digital multi meters.
- Ability to use soldering iron and basic hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
- Experience working and troubleshooting in a high voltage environment (up to 20,000V).
- Understanding of high voltage power supply test techniques.
- Experience working in a repair department environment.
- Must have the ability to work from procedures, drawings, and part lists.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree or technical certification and four years of job related experience.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.