Customer Support Engineer
Customer Service | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Comtech Xicom Technology is hiring a Customer Support Engineer! We are looking for candidates with a solid understanding of microwave amplifier functions and operation principals.
The Customer Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to Customers or Service Centers who are installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex microwave amplifiers, controllers and systems. Provides first-line support and responds to situations of product failures and malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Care: Maintain and nurture personal and technical customer relationships with customer management, operation and technical personnel to further the growth of the company’s worldwide sales opportunities.
- Customer Support: Provide technical, operation and logistic support via email, fax and emergency telephone access availability for our worldwide customer base and service centers.
- Failure Analysis: Write failure analysis reports by reviewing all work done, confirming complaint resolution, recommending repair, upgrades and authorizing appropriate course(s) of action.
- Training: Write technical and operational training manuals, and course materials and conduct factory and worldwide offsite customer and service center training.
- Provide internal marketing, sales, and manufacturing support by creating spares lists, spares pricing and writing technical procedures.
- Travels to provide on-site support and/or training as required – 20% Travel – may need to travel at short notice.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Computer Skills: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Outlook. Expandable ERP preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Solid understanding of microwave amplifier functions and operation principals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
- Ability to deliver effective internal/external presentations.
- Ability to perform standard troubleshooting procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of traveling wave tube, and klystron theory of operation is desirable.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and eight years of job related experience or Associates degree in electronics and several years of job related experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comtech Xicom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V