Customer Support Administrator
Customer Service | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Customer Support Administrator professional to join our team at our Santa Clara, CA. Location. In this position, you are responsible for interfacing with customers, sales, and service representatives to handle a variety of post-sales service and support functions; working with the RMA Coordinator and CSR within the order process for RMAs and After-market sales & support; providing status reports of equipment returns, repairs, replacements & service orders to customers; and maintaining records of returns and after-market sales orders. Processing purchase orders received from sales staff and customers; completing order sheets while checking the price and quantity of each item listed; coordinating with multiple departments as necessary regarding order status; shipping dates, export compliance, prices, product availability and back orders; and maintaining customer files with sales contracts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient, and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations.
- Respond to and process all customer orders.
- Communication and problem resolution with manufacturing, operations, purchasing, materials, customers, sales representatives & service centers.
- Interacting with manufacturing, operations, and sales departments to ensure proper and timely fulfillment of all orders.
- Resolve customer problems relating to shipping & receiving.
- Process and send all functional acknowledgments, advance ship notices and Electronic Data Interchange invoices.
- Resolve warranty claims issues for customers, issue & process RMA numbers for In and Out of Warranty repairs.
- Prepare and issue statements of accounts receivables to the appropriate account manager(s) as needed.
- Generate export invoices and related export paperwork, and assure federal export compliance with ITAR.
- Expedite shipments of spare parts orders and RMAs.
- Process RMA receipts/shipments & spare parts shipments.
- Interface with buyer/planners, production, test technicians, and stockroom on spares orders.
- Fill spares order pick lists from the manufacturing floor and stock room for delivery to Inspection/Shipping.
- Interface with freight forwarders and distributors regarding status of export shipments.
- Coordinate international shipping requirements, resolve problems as necessary.
- General clerical tasks (filing, data entry, typing correspondence).
- Other duties and responsibilities when required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.Expandable ERP preferred.
- Superior customer service skills, including written skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with customers in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and handle pressure.
- Detail orientation and ability to effectively follow-up and follow-through on customer issues.
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems, or other types of Database software/programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or a BS/BA degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of customer support and/or sales support experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a technical customer service environment.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.