Materials | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment. Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules and maintains inventory at planned levels. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the procurement cycle. Evaluates vendor reliability; develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontractors to assure best quality at best value.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conducts various activities involving planning materials needs and procurement of goods and services in support of producing company products.
• Point of contact for decision making authority of purchase award.
• Plans material requirements using computer based ERP system.
• Purchases components, raw materials, supplies and services at the lowest possible cost consistent with accepted standards of quality and service within established time frames.
• Sources and recommends vendors to establish their reliability and ability as sources of supply.
• Reviews and checks purchase requisitions, purchase orders, BPOs, vendors' invoices, receiving slips, etc. to ensure correctness and accuracy.
• Interacts constructively with Engineering, Q.A., Manufacturing and other departmental staff members; and performs other activities pertaining to purchasing.
• Implements all aspects of supplier sourcing, inventory strategies per contract agreements, ensure high quality, cost competitiveness, and on-time delivery.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Office and Expandable II or other MRP software preferred.
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Five (3) years’ experience working with Material Requirement systems preferably in high volume – ex: 300 components per month] environments.
• CPIM/CPM certificate is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of and the ability to read blueprints and spec sheets.
• Proven negotiation skills and the ability to comprehend spec. sheets and blueprints are essential.
• A thorough understanding of the manufacturing flow and process is desirable.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Experience handling invoice resolution
• Working knowledge of MRP and problem-solving skills is key.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience: Two years of college course work and five years of relevant work experience. Five years at Xicom can be substituted for in-house candidates.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.