Assembler - Temp
Manufacturing | Santa Clara, CA | Temporary
Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follows methods sheets and assembly drawings in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to drawing specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembles power supplies, sub-assemblies (transformers, EMI box, etc.) controllers and other electrical equipment.
- Assembles components on PC boards including soldering
- Assembles mechanical components.
- Performs inspection of all materials and documentation prior to performing assigned tasks.
- Complete online discrepancy report when discrepant material is identified.
- Modify simple parts using hand tools, machinery and sheet metal equipment.
- Ensures tooling and test equipment used is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Windows
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Read, understand electrical diagram, electrical and mechanical assembly drawing
- Read, understand mechanical drawing
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Math aptitude (adding, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Excellent soldering skills; excellent crimping skills.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma with five years mechanical assembler experience required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.