Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) | Parsippany, NJ | Full Time
Community Hope, Inc., is a nonprofit corporation that provides a supportive living environment for individuals recovering from mental illness and substance abuse. Personal growth of the consumers is promoted in an atmosphere of hope and dignity.
- Provides assistance and training to improve vocational skills; resume writing and interview skills of veterans.
- Network and attend events with local and state agencies and local employers to further enhance their relationship with Community Hope, Inc. which may include some weekend and evening events.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources, to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics, for vocational and educational planning.
- Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to aid veterans in making and carrying out vocational objectives.
- Links veterans to placement services and local and state agencies i.e. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Department of Labor.
- Teaches and/or arranges volunteers to teach computer classes to the program participants.
- Assists veterans in obtaining gainful employment after gaining marketable skills.
- Schedules veterans for technical job-related skills training to improve individual work performance.
- Provides veterans with on-the-job training and support as needed.
- Provides transportation to veterans for job interviews, job fairs, workshops, and other training appointments as necessary.
- BA in a related discipline; MA preferred
- One (1) year of experience in assessing education and training needs and providing referrals for work experience and training services or in providing manpower development and training, job placement, education or vocational counseling, or a combination thereof.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; customer service oriented with the ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and external stakeholders;
- Experience with veterans preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact