Behavioral Health Counselor (Part-time weekends)
Hope for Veterans | Lyons, NJ | Part Time
Community Hope, Inc. is a non-profit agency dedicated to assisting individuals recovering from mental illness through transitional housing and community supportive services.
Providing strength-based residential support services to veterans transitioning from homelessness to permanent housing.
- Provides supportive counseling to veterans in need of crisis intervention and emergency services
- Monitors veterans in housekeeping maintenance and upkeep of the residence.
- Provides transportation as required in a company vehicle.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of the facility and ensures safety of the veterans in the program.
- Assists in the administration of drug and alcohol screenings.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Documents any and all pertinent information in and reviews the Communication Log Book, Resident Sign-In Log, Medication Sign-In Log, Pass Authorization Log, and reporting any violations to the Program Coordinator.
- Functions as a team member: covering shifts, communicating all relevant information to other team members, covering co-workers duties as needed.
SHIFT: Saturday & Sunday: 3pm-11pm
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in Mental Health or a related discipline; or Licensed R.N.; or two years of college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.