Behavioral Health Counselor
Transitional Housing Program | Chester, NJ | Full Time
Providing direct residential support services to consumers in community residences as they prepare for more independent living.
FULL-TIME OVERNIGHT SHIFT: Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 11pm-9am
- Provides on site consumer supervision.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of agency facilities and ensures safety of the consumers in those facilities.
- Transports consumers in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Observes consumers’ self-administration of prescribed medication as per agency procedures; Provides medication education.
- Supervises and assists consumers in housekeeping, maintenance, and upkeep of the residence.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
Functions as a team member by covering shifts, facilitating groups, participating in program activities, communicating all relevant information to other team members, covering co-workers duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in mental health, social work, psychiatric rehabilitation, nursing, or a related discipline; a combination of one or more years of college plus work or life experience together equaling four years; OR licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related work or life experience; OR a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.