Director of Administration and Finance
Operations | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
CHAC is seeking an experienced professional to manage a range of finance and administrative functions as the organization transitions to the next level of growth. This role will be a strategic thought partner to the CEO, provide guidance and support to the clinical side of the organization, and will play a critical role on the senior leadership team in driving operational and financial enhancements to support the strategic direction of the agency. This includes establishing needed infrastructure support and process as the organization continues to grow and build capacity.
We seek an analytical, energetic candidate who will contribute to the culture and strategic direction of the organization, with strong organizational skills and detail orientation. The ideal candidate is results driven team player with strong communication skills and the ability to translate big ideas into actions to advance the organization’s mission.
The Director of Administration and Finance is responsible for day-to-day operational oversight of the agency finance, accounting, information technology and facilities functions for CHAC.S/he will partner with the Executive and Leadership teams to develop and improve systems to ensure financial and operational health.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, monitor and report on the fiscal year operational budget.
- Provide oversight and audit to the outsourced accounting firm to manage cash flow and all other accounting activities.
- Ensure full compliance with CA law and best practices with particular attention to non-profit accounting principles.
- Analyze and present financial and operational reports in an accurate and timely manner; providing useful, accurate and timely data to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and operating team.
- Oversee the annual audit process and 990 filings.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and accounting procedures, as well as development and maintenance of appropriate internal controls and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of grant and contract compliance.
- Engage the board and relevant committees to enable their fiduciary duties.
- Direct Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Manage insurance broker relationships and ensure effective risk management and representation.
- Manage employee benefits in collaboration with CHAC’s benefits broker, managing costs and providing an appropriate employee benefit package.
- Manage the relationship with the external IT vendor, ensuring all technology is up-to-date, cost effective and functioning properly.
- Facilitate the implementation of an Electronic Health Records System.
- Order, maintain and catalog all audio-visual and technology equipment, providing training, support and an effective working environment.
- Maintain active database of impact and outcome measures of CHAC services.
- Provide all facilities and office management support.
- Any and all other responsibilities assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a least 5 years’ experience at Director Level or equivalent, preferably in a non-profit organization with a budget of at least $3M.
- Commitment to our mission: integrity, flexibility, understanding of confidentiality, and providing a safe, productive and respectful work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a productive member of a senior management team and a business partner to the CEO.
- Demonstrated track record of setting and meeting goals.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, selecting, managing staff.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in finance or accounting related field or commensurate knowledge and experience. MBA and/or CPA or advanced degree strongly desired.