Vice President of Research and Evaluation
Research | Communities in Schools of Nort | Full Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion-- it is our mission. As the State Office for North Carolina, we deliver CIS programs across the state and we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
This position is responsible for working with the CEO and departmental leaders using research to drive strategy and innovation within organizational functions that are shared across multiple departments to create cohesive and consistent implementation of CISNC programs. This position will use research to drive innovations and support network wide use of data to drive decision-making. This position will also cultivate statewide partnerships in support of programing, and develop or accelerate collaboration around integrated student supports, juvenile justice and workforce development. This position is responsible for leading and supervising a team.
- In partnership with the CEO, facilitate development of the strategic vision and annual plan of the organization.
- Bridge external communications and messaging to build a case of data informed support for fund development efforts across the network to demonstrate CIS impact.
- Develop statewide partnerships to institutionalize Communities In Schools of NC programs at statewide tables and develop deep partnerships related to education, juvenile justice and workforce development.
- Partner with CEO to lead advocacy tool development and relationship building.
Research and Innovation
- Support CISNC and Networkwide use of research data to drive decision making and to effectively tell the CIS story across all internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Lead research and evaluation, trend identification and implementation of innovations to ensure program relevance in the education, juvenile justice and workforce development spaces.
- Support the use of high-quality implementation of the CIS model with fidelity across the network
- Design innovations and implementation tools to ensure effective service delivery across all programing
- Design and implement evaluations and surveys across programing including DEI programing to set and obtain measurable outcomes
- Guide trend setting research and publication to ensure that CIS can prove our impact.
- Synthesize research of best practices to craft position paper for CISNC on areas of critical importance including Social Emotional Learning, recidivism, workforce development, college readiness and economic mobility and other related areas. Use learning to drive CISNC innovations.
- Masters Degree, or PHD in related field
- 10+ years of leading research, evaluation and trend identification in programming within a nonprofit organization or public and/or state education agencies ideally at an organization serving low-income youth or communities.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience supervising and supporting a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship.
- Senior management skills and experience are required including, but not limited to: short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, oral and written communication skills, marketing and financial management.
- Sensitivity to and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families
- Prior experience working with diverse communities
- Experience in not-for profit management
- Relationship Building
- Results Focused
- Development & Continual Learning
- Accountability & Dependability
- Valuing Diversity
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Decision Making & Judgement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Staff Management
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Must be able to type, see, speak and hear
- Must be able to move about the office
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs. on an intermittent basis
- Must maintain a high level of cognitive function to direct the operations of this strategic function
- Based in the Raleigh, NC office
- Remote work at the moment with being in the Raleigh office twice a week. This is subject to change to full time in the Raleigh office.
This position is based and works in our Raleigh office.
The hiring range for this position is $83,000 to 93,300.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and 403(b) and MORE!!! We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative.