Part Time Program Services Assistant
Embedded Operations | Raleigh, NC | Part Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a national leader in the CIS network, breaking new ground in service delivery and programs. Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is part of the national Communities In Schools network. Its mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools believes the formula for student success is ABC+P: attendance, behavior, coursework and parent/family engagement. Trained Student Support Specialists partner with school leadership to identify students in danger of not achieving their potential, assess student needs and provide wrap-around interventions and resources to change outcomes. The national Communities In School network empowers 1.5 million students to stay in school and on the path to graduation each year.
Historically, CISNC provided support services to a federation of independent 501(c)3 nonprofit affiliates. In 2014 CISNC created a parallel system of “embedded sites” to better serve students in resource-challenged parts of the state. Bringing these sites in-house ensures the fidelity of the CIS model in these communities and provides funding that had been difficult for local independent affiliates to raise. CISNC hires and supervises embedded site staff who serve 44 sites across all of our lines of programming. Twenty-one affiliates in the state still operate as independent nonprofits, continue to receive support services from CISNC, and remain a critical part of service delivery. CISNC has expanded the CIS model by initiating programs that are focused on career and college preparedness and on better serving youth in the juvenile justice system. None of these changes has diminished CISNC’s key nonpartisan role in advocating for CIS programs with the Governor, members of the General Assembly and the state’s Department of Public Instruction leadership and staff. The CIS national office supports these changes and considers CISNC a model for CIS programs across the country.
The data-driven CIS model ensures that all students receive the very best that CISNC can offer. Data also provides the proof of program impact that funders are seeking. See how we removed barriers and empowered more than 230,000 students across North Carolina to achieve. Learn more at www.cisnc.org, and stay connected with CISNC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About the Role:
The Program Assistant provides administrative, logistical, and hands-on support for programs, projects, and initiatives focused on the various CISNC programs. The role of the Program Services Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Program Services Division to ensure successful operation of all programs. The Program Assistant will provide executive level support to the Chief Program Officer to provide a high level of organizational structure to manage time, align calendars and communicate with all necessary parties. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of program support tasks with the ability to work independently, collaboratively, and proactively with a positive demeanor. The candidate must have the ability to work well in supporting a dynamic and fast-paced continuum of program services and managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with accuracy, flexibility, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will work part time from the hours of 10am to 2pm or 3pm daily.
- Provide excellent customer service to all CISNC customers and stakeholders while maintaining appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Schedule appointments, maintain calendars, prepare internal/external correspondence, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, coordination of meetings and receptions, preparation of presentation materials, and maintenance/filing of documents.
- Support Program Leadership with the implementation and management of program activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with Program Services Leadership Team Members: Chief Program Officer, VP, College and Career Readiness, Director of Youth Development, Embedded Operations Directors, and Program Directors, CISNC staff, state agencies personnel, school district leadership personnel, and CISNC Executive Leadership Team.
- Schedule and plan for on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Create, modify and/or maintain organized files and records.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries.
- Act as liaison for team with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately.
- Work proactively and take initiative to support the varying needs of the team.
- Gather, compile, and verify information for use in various reports, spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence.
- Compose and proofread correspondence and produce high quality materials such as presentations, spreadsheets and correspondence.
- Works with data management including maintaining the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Prepare and distribute accurate minutes of program services meetings.
- Coordinate and communicate meetings, hotel and travel accommodations, notices, etc. to CISNC leadership and direct services staff
- Maintain and update listing of all CISNC programs and contacts: Embedded, R2R, JNCG, and AVID.
- Ability to travel; This position may travel in-state up to 10 times per year to provide support at conferences, take part in training, and attend board and/or advisory committee meetings.
- Perform other duties necessary for the successful operation of programs as assigned
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Degree with at least three years of experience in non-profit organization, education, social work, mental health, or human services field.
- Sensitivity to and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in an office setting is desired, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required. Previous experience MS SharePoint and OneNote preferred, but not required. Experience in learning and mastering new software applications.
What we offer:
- Work that makes a difference – the opportunity to contribute to an important mission. We remove barriers and empower more than 160,000 students across North Carolina
- We offer our part time team vacation, sick and holiday pay
- We believe in team and doing the good, hard work