Office Manager-Part Time
Administration | Raleigh, NC | Part Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a national leader in the CIS network, breaking new ground in service delivery and programs. Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is part of the national Communities In Schools network. We are a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future.
At Communities In Schools of NC, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion-- it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
Communities in Schools of NC is hiring a part time Office Manager to provide administrative support to the CISNC team. Successful candidates will be detail oriented, collaborative and ready and willing to support the CISNC team. He/She will manage events and tasks for all teams of the state office (50% of time), order and maintain office supplies in accordance with budget (10% of time), be liaison with all vendor support providers (20% of time), provide full support for Board and committee meetings(10% of time), and provide assistance as requested by CEO (10% or less of time). We are looking for someone to work 25 hours a week.
- Schedule and manage office meetings (including catering, scheduling of conference rooms, etc.)
- Manage all administrative duties associated with CISNC Staff and Board Meetings as well as logistics and organization of these meetings
- Must be able to take detailed minutes with accuracy and professional grammar at all Board meetings
- Coordinate, attend and support events sponsored by CISNC and partners as needed
- Assist the team with communication both internal and external (email, phone, written, etc.)
- Manage third party vendors: cell and office phones, IT, printer/office equipment, landlord on CISNC’s office space, and others as needed
- Maintain other documentation/related admin systems as requested by the Executive Leadership Team
- Order office supplies for staff office and field staff across the state
- Maintain organizational documentation updates including keeping in office and Sharepoint calendars up to date (contact information of board, email distribution lists, and equipment inventory lists, etc.)
- Assist Human Resources/Finance with onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Open and distribute mail including logging all checks on cash control document (daily)
- Approve and code office invoices that are received for joint organizational costs
- Support the President/CEO to include but not limited to travel, logistics and appointments and assistance with expense reporting (as requested)
- Keep the office space appearance in a neat, clean and orderly manner, including maintaining supplies in the drink station
- Greet and welcome visitor to offices
- Answer phones at the main incoming line
- Other administrative or project duties as assigned
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation and strong positive attitude
- Technical fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Graphics design software experience preferred (Adobe, Canva, InDesign, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-task capable, well organized and able to work independently and in teams
- May be required to travel for certain events
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to see, hear, speak
- Must be able to move about the office
- Must be able to travel, including overnight, upon occasion to provide event support
Accountability & dependability, communication, planning and organizing, customer focus, decision making & judgement, continual learning, initiative and planning & organizing.
Job Specific Competencies:
Adaptability& flexibility, creative & innovative thinking, ethics & integrity, initiative, listening, relationship building and thoroughness.
- Associates degree and 5 plus years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience.