Director of Major Grants Management
Development | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina: At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion-- it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. As the North Carolina State Office for Communities In Schools, we collaborate with 21 local affiliate organizations and deliver direct programs across the state. We make sure young people have the tools they need to succeed at school and transition successfully into continuing education and careers. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
About the Role:
The Director of Major Grants Management enables CISNC to deliver our mission by seeking out, securing and managing major public and private grants that fuel our work. Reporting to the VP for Advancement, the DMGM leads the effort to secure and manage program grant support from government agencies, public boards, private foundations, and corporations to meet the financial and operations needs of the organization. The DMGM provides clear communication of proper rules and regulations for approving grants, and of their specifications, requirements and objectives cross all departments of the organization. The DMGM serves as the organization subject matter expert regarding grant management.
- Manage and support grant requirements and project planning for the organization
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record
- Oversee grant are implementation accordance to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee reporting, and ensure timely invoicing and accounting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation in collaboration with finance and program teams in accordance with each grant’s requirement
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of CISNC and to the needs of students, families and the community.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred; minimum five years’ prior experience managing a grant portfolio that includes public and private funding sources is required
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including spread sheeting, work processing, email and skype.
- Excellent computer skills w/ Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly both verbally and in writing; effectively present complex information during training sessions, workshops and presentations for a wide range of audiences;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to work well with diverse individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
- Experience with non-profit entity strongly preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the organization's overall business and its objectives
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
What we offer:
• You can make a difference in helping kids stay in school and achieve beyond!
• You will work in a collaborative, mission-focused, employer of choice organization.
• You will have an opportunity to use your relationship-building strengths and initiative to build a community of support that empowers students to achieve.
• CISNC offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement savings with employer match, generous paid-time-off and paid holidays.
Communities In Schools of North Carolina is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools of North Carolina prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.