Development | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids.
It is our passion-- it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. As the North Carolina State Office for Communities In Schools, we collaborate with 21 local affiliate organizations and deliver direct programs across the state. We make sure young people have the tools they need to succeed at school and transition successfully into continuing education and careers. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
CISNC is seeking a Development Officer to join our Raleigh, NC team. The Development Officer will create strategies and nurture relationships that result in philanthropic commitments to Communities In Schools of North Carolina. The successful individual supports all development functions including events, grantwriting, prospect research, campaigns and database management.
- Develop strategies and implement activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and existing donors
- Promote and support the mission, imperative, values and goals of Communities In Schools Of North Carolina while achieving and maintaining high performance standards.
- Manage a portfolio of individuals, corporations, foundations, public funding sources, and community and civic groups with the goal of generating gifts of $500+
- Participate in public presentations, events and other opportunities to engage with statewide organizations, local communities, businesses and civic organizations
- Provide support to regional affiliates in their local fundraising efforts
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising events including prospect and volunteer identification, logistics, and volunteer management
- Manage and maintain donor records
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years prior experience in resource development or grant administration in a nonprofit, academic or corporate social responsibility environment
- Proven track record of successful special events management
- Experience developing written collateral for an external audience
- Ability to communicate effectively with external audiences in person, on the telephone and through written communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to make sound decisions, assume responsibility and work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be able to see, hear and move about the office
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must maintain a high level of cognitive function to direct the operations of this strategic function
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, sense of humor and thoroughness
- Integrity in relationships with donors, prospective donors and colleagues
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities outside of existing role
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Experience with donor database software, Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future. Learn more at www.cisnc.org, and stay connected with CISNC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) and MORE!!!
We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative.