Development | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion-- it is our mission. As the State Office for North Carolina, we deliver CIS programs across the state and we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
We are seeking a Development Associate to join our Development team in Raleigh, NC.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and collaborates with colleagues across the organization, especially with the program and finance teams. This position takes an active role in creating appealing communications for a variety of constituencies (donors, Board members, Network Affiliates and more) to tell the story of CISNC and the amazing students we serve. Using knowledge of compelling written and visual storytelling, the Development Associate crafts a variety of pieces for print, email, and online fundraising campaigns. As an integral part of the Resource Development team, this position also manages core donor stewardship functions including maintaining the organization’s donor database and moving the management system. The Development Associate supports Department functions and organization special events.
Fundraising, Communications, & Donor Relations (85% of time)
- Creates stakeholder-centric communications including monthly e-newsletter(s)
- Supports Development Team in the creation of relevant marketing pieces
- Oversees the creation and mailing of gift acknowledgement letters to donors
- Creates compelling email, web, and direct mail fundraising pieces
Database Management (15% of time)
- Accurately captures and maintains all donor information, gift information and moves management information in Little Green Light
- In collaboration with Finance, prepares accurate and timely gift reports
- Supports annual special events including The Bash, Donor Breakfast, Statewide Impact Conference and others.
- Other duties as assigned
Accountability & dependability, decision making & judgment, initiative, planning & organizing, thoroughness and writing & graphics.
Job Specific Competencies:
Communication, fundraising, creative & innovative thinking, ethics & integrity,
financial management, relationship building, and results focused.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in communications, fundraising, marketing, nonprofit organization experience, or similar field
- Technology savvy in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint Adobe Illustrator or similar programs.
- Strong oral, written and graphic design skills
- Trustworthy, willing to share information and be a team player
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) and MORE!!! We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative.