Research | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Communities In Schools of North Carolina in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Data Analyst. He/She will play a vital role in building capacity to support data collection and reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring that staff are supported in their data collection efforts through trainings and technical assistance, reviewing data for accuracy, and providing reports, publications, and presentations to CIS leadership, funders, and other stakeholders. The Data Analyst will work under the direction of the Director, Research and Implementation.
- Build data collection and reporting capacity of local affiliates and state office by providing ongoing training and technical assistance for a national data management system (CISDM).
- Tabulate, maintain, and/or visualize collected data by organizing data into tables or graphs.
- Locate and link national, state, and local datasets for continuous improvement and evaluation purposes.
- Regularly review and synthesize data and provide accurate reports to affiliates, CISNC leadership, supervisors, and funders/grantors.
- Conduct literature reviews on topics and synthesize material in the form of bibliographies, abstracts, reports, according to instructions.
- Assist with routine meeting logistics, take detailed minutes, organize project files, and track important project deadlines when necessary.
- Assist with clerical tasks, information requests, and photocopying, when necessary.
- Conduct literature reviews and draft sections of literature reviews and reports, where necessary.
- Must be willing to travel across North Carolina. Between 10-15%.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and move about the office as well as diverse school-based sites
- Must be able to maintain a high level of cognitive function and attention commensurate with the level needed to conduct detailed analysis and academic research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, sociology, public administration, public policy, education, statistics, economics, or related social science field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in public education desirable.
- Experience conducting data analyses and presenting results to diverse audiences required.
- Highly proficient with spreadsheets and Google Apps.
- Knowledge of database management system(s) desired
- Knowledge of Tableau desired
- Knowledge of statistical packages (STATA, R, SPSS, SAS) desired.
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including spread sheeting, work processing, email and skype
- Excellent computer skills w/ Microsoft Office products
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly both verbally and in writing; effectively present complex information during training sessions, workshops and presentations for a wide range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to work well with diverse individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Experience with non-profit entity strongly preferred
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future. Learn more at www.cisnc.org, and stay connected with CISNC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) and MORE!!! We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative.