Administrative Assistant - Part Time
Administration | Rocky Mount, NC | Part Time
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a national leader in the CIS network, breaking new ground in service delivery and programs. Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is part of the national Communities In Schools network. We are a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future.
At Communities In Schools of NC, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion-- it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
This position serves as the confidential Part time Administrative Assistant for the office staff of CIS Rocky Mount. As the main point of contact for the office, the individual has full responsibility for all office administrative tasks. As the Administrative Assistant, the individual will greet visitors and guests, order office supplies, prepare/process all incoming checks for deposit, maintain fundraising databases, manage events in conjunction with the directors, be a liaison with all vendors, office cleaning, and provide support to the Board of Directors as needed. Additionally, he/she will assist the Executive Director and Program Director as requested.
- Manage internal and external communications (phone, email, voice mail, USPS mail, and deliveries)
- Create documents such as Word, Excel and Publisher materials
- Manage fundraising databases to include data entry, file maintenance, and mail merges for labels using Excel and Little Green Light.
- Must be able to take detailed notes/minutes with accuracy and professional grammar at all meetings as needed (Board and staff)
- Assist with coordination of events, attend and support CIS Rocky Mount sponsored events
- Maintain documentation/related administrative systems as requested by the Executive Director
- Order supplies for Rocky Mount office and program staff as approved by the Executive Director
- Maintain organizational documentation updates (contact information-board and staff, etc.)
- Open and distribute mail
- Prepare checks for deposit and record information on database
- Send thank you letters and other correspondence to contributors
- Keep the office space appearance in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Answer phones and check voicemail line
- Manage daily newspaper delivery including retrieving articles which are relevant for CIS Rocky Mount
- Schedule Zoom, MS Teams, and Skype Meetings.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation and strong positive attitude
- Technical fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-task capable, well organized and able to work independently and in teams
- May be required to travel for certain events
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to see, hear, speak
- Must be able to move about the office
- Must be able to travel, including overnight, upon occasion to provide event support
Accountability & dependability, communication, customer focus, decision making & judgement.
Job Specific Competencies:
Initiative, interpersonal skills and technology skills.
- Associates degree and 3 plus years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience.