Residential HVAC installer Mechanic
Install | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Residential HVAC Installer Mechanic
Comfort Monster is a HVAC company that’s fun, honest, and treats its customers and employees like family. Our Values - We encourage, teach, hire and fire by our values. If you don’t share our values,opportunities are plentiful at other companies.
Comfort Monster is searching for experienced HVAC installer Mechanics able to work on residential equipment and to surprise and delight every customer with the best service experience they have ever had. You will be primarily responsible for leading the replacement or new installation of air conditioning and heating units, including; furnaces, condensing units, heat pumps, humidifiers, split systems, mini splits and packaged units.
- Five + years’ experience as a installation Mechanic of residential HVAC units.
- EPA certification required
- Equipment startup experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills required with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- HVAC Nate certifications strongly preferred.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail, with ability to read and interpret plans and equipment manuals.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, with the job done correctly the first time.
- Ability to train and/or manage an installation helper.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability to pass drug test(s) as required by company.
- Ability to push, pull, carry or maneuver parts (with additional manpower or appropriate devices where necessary); carry and climb ladders; work from heights; and work in small spaces such as attic or crawl space during warm or cold climates.
- Technical knowledge of electronic invoicing, payroll clockin/clockout and material recording.
- The HVAC Residential Installer Mechanic is responsible for the following:
- Replacing or newly installing electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of heating, ventilation, and cooling units for residential customers.
- Traveling to job sites in a designated service area, and working with customer care representatives to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintaining good working order of company vehicle, including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and cleaning the vehicle on a regular basis.
- Maintaining proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Participating in company-provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
Observing all company procedures and safety rules.
Working as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Performing other business tasks if requested by a manager.
- Major Medical
- Short term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Ownership - Our employees are granted stock options after their first 90 days. We encourage each other to always “think like an owner.” We believe that what’s best for the customer will ultimately be good for the company.