Production | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
CollegeHumor Media, a comedy-focused production company is looking for a talented video editor with a comic sensibility to join our production team in our Los Angeles office. This is a full time editing position with a primary focus on comedic web and television content. Please note: We are not looking for a writer or performer who is an editor on the side, but someone who identifies as an editor who loves comedy from a production standpoint.
This is a full time position with benefits based in Los Angeles. Only applicants who provide us a Resume and link to their Editing Reel and work samples will be considered.
Required Knowledge of: FCP7 & the Final Cut Suite of programs (Motion, Soundtrack Pro, etc.) Adobe Premiere
Additional Perks: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Server, ProTools, Pluraleyes, Final Cut Server, transcoding and conversion software, and a good knowledge of editing with networked drive volumes.
- Deep understanding of codecs, exporting, transcoding and converting video files.
- Excellent sense for comic timing, pacing, and recognizing genres
- Excels in "finishing a video" (balancing audio, color correcting, fine tuning cuts, etc.)
- Ability to edit quickly, efficiently and integrate notes on the fly.
- Deep knowledge of the production and post process with the ability to troubleshoot tech issues.
The right candidate will have the following attributes:
- Mastery of the online digital video production process
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for comedy in general
- Can work positively and collaboratively with writers, producers and assistant editors
- Great organizational skills (both with media management & personally)