Creative | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Video Editor
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Company: Electus Digital (CollegeHumor.com, Dorkly.com)
Location: New York, NY (Chelsea)
This is a great junior-level video editing opportunity to create award winning comedy seen by millions. As a Video Editor at Electus Digital, you will be working with our original and branded content team out of our NYC office in Chelsea. Our company supports multiple sites on one platform. Our largest and most popular site is CollegeHumor.com, and together our sites serve over 20 million unique visitors per month.
The Video Editor is a technical and creative position responsible for handling the editing of key videos that will run on our owned and operated channels, as well as third party and client channels. This position is ideal for an editor with strong technical chops looking to make his/her break into working in entertainment.
You will work with the Director of Branded Production and the rest of the Branded and Editorial teams to finish post production on compelling, top-quality video pieces that will win the internet. This person will be responsible for handling all processes of post-production, from logging to assembly through final delivery. An understanding and appreciation for internet storytelling through video and audio is mandatory. Projects will range from short sketch videos to longform series to live-streaming events to audio podcasts. You will also participate in creative brainstorming and will need to be an effective communicator and collaborator. Comedy experience is highly desired!
To be considered, please include links to your previous work or an online portfolio along with your resume.
- Up to 1-3 years of video editing experience; this is a junior-level opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Film/Communications or a related field
- Solid reel/portfolio of compelling Post Production work
- Technical proficiency on Premiere, Final Cut, AfterEffects, and audio software
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results
- Able to accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to be a key collaborator in a creative team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Big Breakfast, CollegeHumor.com, and Dorkly.com are owned and operated website properties of Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus that specializes in creating entertaining content for digital, TV, and film platforms across comedy, music, gaming, food and urban lifestyle categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative production services.