Production | Los Angeles, CA | Temp to Perm
This is a freelance editing position with the potential to turn into a full-time staff position. The Editor has a primary focus on comedic digital content. We are not looking for a writer or performer who is an editor on the side, but someone who loves comedy, and identifies as an editor with a goal of building a career in post production. Editors work very closely with Director and writers in the creative team. Depending on the project, they may have heavy input into the overall crafting of the video.
- Provide both offline and online video editorial for our ongoing slate of short and long form comedy videos, for YouTube and other digital distribution
- Edit sizzle reels, development pitches, and other internal projects as required
- Work on several in-house projects simultaneously
- Provide basic video finishing, including simple audio mix, color grade, and graphics
- Work closely with Post Production Coordinator to respond to creative notes in a timely and efficient manner
- Consult with stakeholders (including writers, directors, producers, etc.) to ensure unified vision of videos
- Keep skills up to date to continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and best practices to maximize creativity and efficiency.
- Must be available to work a general office schedule of Monday-Friday, 10 AM -6 PM in our West Hollywood office
- Required Expert Knowledge of: Adobe Premiere
- Additional Perks: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, ProTools, a good knowledge of working from with networked drive volumes
- Deep understanding of post production tech such as video codecs, transcoding, media management
- Excellent sense for comic timing, pacing, and recognizing genres
- Experience working in digital content
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for comedy in general
- Can work positively and collaboratively with directors, writers, producers and assistant editors
- Great organizational skills
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a link to your editing reel. Applications will reels will be given preference.