Production | Los Angeles, CA | Temp to Perm
This is a freelance (temp-to-perm) editing position for Big Breakfast/CollegeHumor. We are not looking for a writer or performer who is an editor on the side, but rather someone with an appreciation for comedy who is pursuing a professional career in post production.
This position’s primary duties will be to version CollegeHumor content for social media, and to create supplemental content such as cutdowns, sizzles, compilations, and outtake reels. They will also be assisting Editors and Content Management staff with exporting of masters and other assets, and QC duties. We are looking for someone with experience as an Assistant Editor or Social Media Editor, who is hardworking, detail-oriented, and well-versed in a variety of post production software and hardware. A familiarity with the CollegeHumor brand is a big plus.
- Version CollegeHumor and Big Breakfast content according to the specs of YouTube, Facebook, syndication partners, and other digital distribution platforms. This includes adding baked-in subtitles, letterboxing, and/or other graphics, and exporting videos to spec.
- Create social media versions and/or cutdowns for a variety of platforms
- Create mashups, supercuts and compilations of past CollegeHumor videos
- Edit Outtake reels from past and present CollegeHumor/Big Breakfast content
- Assist Content Management team with QCing Master exports as needed
- Assist editors with prepping projects for color/sound mix, onlining cuts, exports, and performing technical QC
- Interface with Social Media/Marketing team in NY office, as well as Content Management and Post Production teams in LA on tasks and delivery of assets
- Must be able to work in our West Hollywood office Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Strong understanding of digital post production workflow and familiarity with the online video landscape
- Required Knowledge: expert with Adobe Premiere
- Additional Perks: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, ProTools, a good knowledge of editing with networked drive volumes
- Expert understanding of video codecs and other technical specifications (bitrates, formats and codecs, audio formats, frame rates, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Comedic sensibility a plus