Public Relations Intern
PR/Communications | New York, NY | Part Time
Award-winning comedy website CollegeHumor.com is looking for a public relations intern to work at least two days a week during the spring semester. This internship will provide the opportunity to work directly with the head of PR at CollegeHumor on day-to-day public relations activities and administrative duties, as well as long-term strategic projects.
Below are a few things you will participate in as a PR intern at CollegeHumor. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [[redacted]].
• Support all day-to-day PR efforts for CollegeHumor.com, as well as for other IAC websites and initiatives including geek culture site Dorkly.com, hip-hop lifestyle site WatchLOUD.com, original television and film projects, and more
• Join CollegeHumor’s head of PR in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects
• Track the progress of PR campaigns, closely monitoring press impressions and creating reports to showcase CollegeHumor’s media presence
• Gain insight into trends and developments in online media and technology, and use this along with knowledge of print, television and broadcast media outlets to identify potential new press targets
• Learn how to write and edit communications materials including executive and cast bios, briefing documents and press releases
• Find out how to identify appropriate bloggers and draft pitches that will secure online media coverage for CollegeHumor original content, projects, programs and events
• Gather information and help prepare materials needed for interview requests and speaking opportunities for CollegeHumor, Dorkly, and WatchLOUD executives
• Learn how a PR team keeps organized by helping to maintain detailed press contact and pitch lists
• Join CollegeHumor reps onsite at television interviews and events such as CollegeHumor Live shows
This internship will provide a wonderful opportunity get a first-hand look at the business of entertainment and online media while working in a fast-paced and fun-loving office. Ideal applicants must be detail-oriented, and possess a positive attitude, sense of humor, professional phone manner, strong computer (Word & Excel) and research skills, and knowledge of and affinity for the websites and brands. An interest in media, entertainment and popular culture is also a must.
Interns must be available to work a minimum of 2-3 days a week Monday-Friday in our Manhattan office. Please include the exact days and times you are available. This is a paid internship. Students may also receive college credit for the internship providing proof of credit certification is provided during the interview process.
Founded in 1999, CollegeHumor.com offers daily comedic content through videos, pictures, articles and jokes, both created and curated by the CollegeHumor staff. CollegeHumor’s popular sketches and series have generated more than 2.5 billion views, and earned CollegeHumor 10 Webby Awards and an ECNY Award, among others. CollegeHumor Media attracts more than 15 million unique users per month and generates more than 100 million video views per month, and the brand has expanded into apparel and other forms of entertainment including film, television, books and live comedy shows. For more information, visit www.collegehumor.com, and follow CollegeHumor on Twitter @CollegeHumor.
Founded in 2010, Dorkly.com is the fastest-growing website dedicated completely to geek culture. Generating more than 20 million views each month, the site offers daily original content covering all things geek in comics, movies, television, boardgames, videogames, and more, for the fanboy or fangirl in everyone. For more information, visit www.dorkly.com, and follow Dorkly on Twitter @Dorkly.
About Watch LOUD:
Born out of the popular LOUD YouTube Original channel, WatchLOUD.com is a new destination for premium, celebrity-driven articles and video content with a focus on the music and lifestyle of the hip-hop community. Anchored by hit shows including Detroit Rubber, a reality show in partnership with Eminem and Shady Films about the preeminent sneaker shop in the Midwest, and CRWN, a live interview series pairing the biggest names in hip-hop with long-time music journalist Elliott Wilson, WatchLOUD is home to fresh and edgy series featuring celebrities and popular YouTube talent, as well as the place to find unique, elevated perspectives on the latest and biggest news stories of the day in the world of hip-hop.